2023-2024 District Governor's Citation & Service Projects Award
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: April 15, 2024
The purpose of the District 6910 Governor's Citation is to provide a path towards a well-managed club and create a focus on Rotary International's Seven Areas of Focus. It can used to help develop a strategic plan for your club to use throughout the year.
Clubs will have the opportunity for District 6910 recognition for achievement based on a point system. Clubs are responsible for reporting all information. The Awards Committee will collect data through Rotary.org and DACdb.
Submissions for the Citation will be accepted no later than 11:59 PM on April 15, 2024.
To achieve the Governor's Citation, a Club must:
- Complete ALL Mandatory Objectives, and
- Complete all Elective Objective requirements (based on Club size as of July 1st, 2023) per the Elective Categories of Membership, Foundation, Service Projects, Public Image and Youth Service.
The Elective Objective Requirements:
- Small Clubs (1 to 29 members) must complete thee (3) elective objectives
- Medium Clubs (30 to 59 members) must complete four (4) elective objectives
- Large Clubs (60 to 90 members) must complete five (5) elective objectives
- X-Large Clubs (91+ members) must complete six (6) elective objectives
Record your achievements to obtain the highest points possible for consideration for Club of the Year (total points available: 137).
You can submit you Citation online HERE.
To download an offline Smart PDF File to track your Club's progress, click HERE.
To download an offline manual PDF file to track your Club's progress, click HERE.
Best Service Projects
District 6910 will present a "best" monetary award for each of the four described projects (community, vocational, international, or youth).
Best Service Projects: Successful service projects use funds and club members' time to help those in need. Determine and submit your BEST service projects. Recognition will be given for the following best service opportunities:
- Community Service
- Vocational Service
- International Service
- Youth Service
The source of data will be documented service projects on Rotary Club Central, Rotary Showcase and project submission. However, only one submission per service project type. (In order to be considered, all projects must be submitted through the online form, Rotary Club Central AND Rotary Showcase)
The project categories will be judged as follows:
- Small and Medium Clubs (based on club size as of July 1, 2023) - A $250 grant will be awarded in the four (4) project categories
- Large and X-Large Clubs (based on club size as of July 1, 2023) - A $500 grant will be awarded in the four (4) project categories
A total of eight (8) awards will be distributed across the District.
Note: The club may choose to submit their overall best service projects in Community Service, Vocational Service, International Service or Youth Service or pick and choose. However, only on submission per service project.
Submit your service projects online HERE.
To download an offline PDF copy of the project form and submission questions, click HERE.