1. Guidelines for Global Grants Scholarship
2. Global Grant Scholar Candidate Application
4. Rotary Foundation Areas of Focus
5. Decision Tree - Scholarship Grants
6. Global Grant Scholarship Supplement
7. Rotary Grants Terms and Condition
Rotary Foundation Global Grant Scholarship
- Prestigious, competitive international scholarship
- $30,000 for FULL time graduate study abroad to begin Fall 2023
- For study in pursuit of careers in one of Rotary’s seven arears of focus
- Application and Club Endorsement deadline: January 31st, 2023.
- Interview Process TBD but no later than March 2023
Rotary District 6910 seeks qualified applications with the following attributes:
- Possess excellent leadership skills and potential
- Have a proven record of success in academic field and/or vocation
- Have demonstrated a personal commitment to community service
- Have well defined and realistic goals for academic and professional advances within their career field
- Are sincere about maintaining a lifelong relationship with Rotary after the scholarship
Global Grant funds for scholars are subject to the following six conditions for eligibility:
- The scholar's chosen university is Not located in the US
- The scholar is seeking a scholarship for graduate-level study. The scholar's area of study and professional goals further one of the SEVEN AREAS OF FOCUS.
- The scholar must live, work or be attending a college/university within District 6910.
- The scholar may not be A) a Rotarian; B) an employee of a club, district, or any other Rotary entity or of Rotary International; C) the spouse, a lineal descendant (child or grandchild by blood or stepchild, legally adopted or not) the spouse of a lineal descendent, or an ancestor (parent or grandparent by blood) of any person in the forgoing two categories.
- The scholar MAY Be a member of a Rotaract Club.
- A Global Grant may fund a scholar for one or more years (generally one year) covering tuition, room and board, etc.
- If chosen as the scholar to represent District 6910, soon thereafter the scholar must provide a letter of acceptance to his/her chosen University.
- District 6910 is considered the international sponsor and a Rotary Club or District in the area where the scholar will attend school will be considered the host sponsor - the district will find a host sponsor.
Rotary District 6910 maintains a district level application process including both a written application and in-person interviews (when possible). The application process for a Global Scholar Grant begins however with a District 6910 Rotary Club nominating a scholarship candidate. Best practice would have a Club both receive an application from and then interview the candidate to make sure they are in keeping with the districts high standards.
Please call or email PDG Tina D. Fischlin, District Global Grant Scholarship Chair, (404) 229-9151 or email: email@example.com for more information.